Fulenwider, one of the Pena Station Next partners, was inducted into he Colorado Business Hall of Fame.
The Fulenwider family under three generations of leadership has changed the face of the city and helped make Denver one of America’s most livable communities.
Building on his experience in farming and irrigation, the entrepreneurial L. C. Fulenwider, Sr. and his brother founded Globe Investment Company in 1904 that focused on buying, selling, owning and managing farm and ranch properties. In these early years, L. C. Fulenwider, Sr. helped write the Colorado Real Estate License Laws; many of these same laws are still on the books today. In 1930, the name was changed from Globe Investment Company to L. C. Fulenwider, Inc.
The company’s most lasting achievements are in the projects Fulenwider developed. In 1959, Fulenwider unveiled Denver’s first residential condominiums. Fulenwider followed up with Denver’s first high rise condominium, as well as introducing the first ski resort condominiums in Aspen, Vail, and Breckenridge and, in the 1970’s, led the development of Copper Mountain Ski Resort. Other notable projects were Greenwood Acres, now Greenwood Village, Polo Club North, Polo Field West, the Marriott Courtyard at DIA, Frontier Airlines Headquarters, the 25 story Chase Bank Building and the 31 story Larimer Place Condominiums, both in downtown Denver, and others.
Of note today, the company is setting the stage for development in the Northeast Quadrant around DIA with the development of Reunion, partnering with Shea Homes as the master developer, this 3,000+ acre master planned community is anchored by the Buffalo Run Golf Course; Denver International Business Center, a 300 acre business park at 72nd and Tower Road, anchored by FlightSafety International, a Berkshire Hathaway Company; and most currently, Peña Station, a mixed use transit oriented development (TOD) at the front door of DIA that is anchored by the North American Headquarters of Panasonic Enterprise Solutions. Most notably, part of the 40,000 acres of land L. C. Fulenwider, Sr. assembled during the early 1900’s has become the site of Denver International Airport.